This Nut Knits

Friday, March 23, 2007

So Much to do and so Little Time





Well, I've been busy. My Mom was visiting so we were running around doing stuff. We went to visit a friend of hers who is an amazing quilter. She showed us lots of her work.... amazing, and very inspiring. In the evening we went to my usual Thursday night scrappin' group. My agenda was Easter cards, of which I made four of the design that you see here. I was pleased with them. I do need to make some more, in a different design. My mom, who I would classify as a card virgin, made two cards. Yea Mom! A beautiful birthday card for my little sis, and also an Easter card. I think she's discovered what all the hype is about, or at least she got a peak at what I do, and why I love it so much. Maybe she'll take it up as a new hobby! or as I like to call it an addiction (or in my case just another crafty addiction!)..... could be worse! I have included the pics of Mom's cards, as I'm so proud of her!

Just when all or most of my projects are winding down or totally completed (can you believe I only have one project on the needles!!!!), I'm in the process of getting my next round of projects lined up. I'm still in the planning stages for the Amy Butler squares. I bought fabric today for another quilt. I saw this one in a mag and just couldn't resist. This one will give me a chance to practice some new techniques, such as machine applique and free motion quilting. I'm excited about the colors, especially the teal pattern. I bought lots of that one, just in case I come up with other projects or uses for that one, and it was super on sale! I love sales!!!!!

Last but not least, my Jane sweater kit and Fleece Artist yarn arrived today. Yay!!!! I can't wait to get started on that. I have most of the yarn for the sweater wound, and have the right needles, so that might get cast on very soon.... like tonight. I know I should finish the socks I have on the needles first, and knit the promised socks to DB, but I really don't know if I can resist the silky, rosy mound of yarn that will soon be such a cool sweater. Perfect for spring. So with all that being said I guess I better get going and get some of these projects going. Happy Friday!

No comments: