This Nut Knits

Monday, April 16, 2007

Relaxing Weekend


The weekend was nice and relaxing, with some knitting, and lots of hanging out and movie watching. I even left most of my house cleaning until this morning. I am chugging right along on my Jaywalkers. I opted to shorten the length, which I am happy with. I also had/have yardage fears, so I haven't grafted the toes on sock #1 yet. I'm fairly confident I'll have enough yarn, but there is that little fear, that I'll have to frog. The Jane Pullover is complete! I finished it yesterday afternoon. The joining technique was interesting and not that hard, however I really did think that the pattern directions were not that great. I had no idea what to do with the 42 stitches that were the back of the neck, and the pattern just neglected to say.... so I just knit an extra row and bound them off. I think it worked out ok. There were what seemed like a thousand ends to weave in, and when it was done I was still skeptical, it's kinda small and I had a lot of yarn left (a third of what was in the kit!). So, right now the sweater is being wet blocked. It looks a little bigger now, that it is flattened out, so now I just have to wait for it to be dry, and then try it on. I think it will be nice. Hopefully there will be some pics in the next few days. Must get back to the Jaywalkers. Can't wait to wear them!

No comments: